It is with great pleasure that we the CFA Football League Board of Commissioners proudly announce the creation of an award to be given out annually by our league.
The CFA Board of Commissioners is proud to announce the creation of the "CFA Football League Hall of Fame".
This award will be devoted to recognizing the special efforts of Coaches, League Reps, Commissioners, area Football Officials as well as others who have contributed extended years of "Giving Back" to the players and associations which make up our league.
This award will be given to a very select few each year and the final criteria for possibly earning this award will be considered by the Board of Commissioners in the upcoming off-season.
Each member team may nominate up to one member of their organization for consideration into the CFA Football League Hall of Fame. The nomination should consist of no more than a one page typed letter of recommendation and a one-page cover letter that contains the following information:
1. Nominations must be made by the teams Board of Directors and up to one additional person, player, or group of people or players. In addition any current member of the CFA Football League Hall of Fame may elect to nominate up to one person that is eligible based on the Hall of Fame requirements.
Eligible nominees include Association Board members, team/league reps, equipment managers, weight masters, concession workers, assistant coaches/coordinators, or any other individual who has volunteered time towards the youth of that organization.
In addition the following league members are also eligible for the "Hall of Fame" award: All Head coaches of Smurf, Pee Wee, Pony and Midget teams and all CFA Football League Commissioners and Assistant Commissioners. Also, any other outside individuals who have contributed time in the support of the CFA Football League that meets the minimum criteria including present and past Referees, former Coaches and Commissioners and Administrators may be nominated. Eligible nominees also include Cheer coaches and advisors and other Cheer volunteers. Eligible nominees also may include those previous members who meet the minimum requirements and are deceased. Deceased members who do not meet the minimum requirements of years of eligibility but who were in good standing and active within a CFA Football League at the time of becoming deceased may be granted a waiver by the CFA Football League Commissioners and League Reps by receiving a 2/3rds positive vote for inclusion to the nomination pool of candidates done by special vote.
3. Minimum requirements for inclusion into the CFA Football League Hall of Fame include that the nominee must have been involved in Youth Football for a minimum of 15 years and in addition must have been involved with a CFA Football Member team for a minimum of 5 years. Years of eligibility do not have to be continuous, and the nominees do not have to be currently active in support of an Organization or within the League at the time of the Nomination. In addition all nominees must be in good current standing within the League and its member organizations and also must be able to pass any current Legal background checks as required by current member organizations to be eligible to participate as a CFA Football League official or Coach.
4. Team organizations and Hall of Fame members may develop their own methods of selection for this honor, however, only one nomination will be allowed per organization. In the case of Hall of fame members, their nominations will be grouped into their own separate pool of candidates.
5. Nomination must be signed and recommended by the member teams President and any other person or persons making the nomination.
6. Any nominated person or persons who pass the initial minimum requirements for inclusion into the Hall of Fame and does not receive the necessary votes to make that class of nominees for that first initial year will be automatically included for the next four years of balloting for this award. If at the end of the additional four years of voting a nominee is still remaining in the pool of candidates, that nominee must be re-nominated by any eligible person or organization to remain in the Hall of Fame Candidate pool.
All nominations must be made and turned into the CFA board of directors no later than the end of the first CFA post-season league meeting held prior to the post-season games or by a determined date and time assigned by the League’s Commissioners prior to Post-season play.
The CFA board of directors will serve as committee members in the selection of the League Hall of Fame Awards and can request the involvement of the Primary league Rep of each team to be included in the selection process. The CFA Board of Directors may only name no more than two new Hall of Fame members during any given year. A third Hall of Fame inductee will be named by the current group of Hall of Fame members for a total of up to three members added each calendar year or season.
All nominations should included the name of the organization making the nomination and must be presented with both a hard copy of the nomination at the 1st round playoff meeting and most importantly email to both:
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The emailed version should be completed using Microsoft Word and emailed as an attachment to above email address’s no later then 9:00 pm on Sunday, October 12th 2008.